FIFE COAST AND COUNTRYSIDE SERVICES
Beach Patrol/Toilet Attendant
- 32 HRS/WEEK (hours to be discussed at Interview.)
- Temporary Fixed term to October 2019.
- Salary £9.07 per hour
Fife Coast and Countryside Trust (FCCT) is a well-established and innovative third sector organisation. An independent environmental charity committed to ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to experience Fife's great outdoors. This is achieved through careful management in a manner which respects the balance between people and nature. FCCT has a dedicated team, based throughout Fife, working together on the management of the countryside for public amenity, nature conservation and heritage.
The Trust is seeking Beach Patrol staff with responsibility for the facilities at Aberdour Silver Sands.
- The post will primarily ensure the safety of beach users whilst maintaining the cleanliness of toilet facilities.
- Duties will include monitoring activity on the foreshore, initiating rescue procedures with the appropriate body where necessary, administering first aid if required, ensuring the appropriate safety flags are raised, litter patrolling and checking and maintaining cleanliness on the beaches, toilets and surrounding area.
- The post holder will have responsibility for working with a variety of staff, volunteers, external organisations and members of the general public.
- The post will be based in Aberdour Silver Sands but may require the individual to be able to travel independently to other bases when required.
Qualifications and Background
- There will be occasions where the ability is required to react under pressure and confidence in this role therefore candidates must be physically fit and able to swim 100m freestyle.
- A swimming and CPR test will be part of the recruitment process.
- A current PVG Scheme record will be required for all successful candidates.
- Previous experience in dealing with members of the public and work in this type of role would be preferred but training will be given.
- It would be desirable for the candidate to hold a current First Aid certificate.
To apply please complete the application form on our website and send to Karen Williams, FCCT, The Harbourmaster’s House, Hot Pot Wynd, Dysart, KY1 2TQ or e-mail email@example.com
Our website. – www.fifecoastandcountrysidetrust.co.uk
Closing date is Tuesday 28th May 2019.
Fife Coast and Countryside Trust are a registered Scottish Charity- No. SC031247. We are also a Company registered in Scotland SC216254 : Registered Office : The Harbourmasters’ House, Hot Pot Wynd, Dysart, KY1 2TQ.