We believe that the our work makes a real difference to the environment of Fife. Each year many thousands of people, enjoy Fife’s fantastic open spaces, bringing significant economic benefits to Fife.
It takes a great team to manage the diverse range of sites we are responsible for including the Fife Coastal Path, Fife Pilgrim Way, award-winning beaches, local nature reserves, miles of footpath and the Lomond Hills Regional Park and many other sites. Any vacancies we have will be advertised in this section of our website.
Whether it’s fixing things, looking after the environment, supporting visitors, teaching, clearing litter or keeping it all running smoothly from the office, we need the very best people and this is where we advertise any opportunities to join us.
We also have opportunities to volunteer with the Trust, to find out more visit our volunteering section.
Mobile Parking Operative (Part-Time)
Fife Coast and Countryside Trust (FCCT) is an independent charitable trust who work to promote, manage, and maintain Fife’s exceptional outdoor spaces. We are an organisation driven by a passion for Fife’s natural heritage and a commitment to promoting understanding and care for the natural environment. Due to expansion of our services, we have several opportunities for ‘Mobile Parking Operatives’ until March 2023.
Reporting to the Field Teams Manager, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to work alone and in a team environment with extreme attention to detail. This is an exciting time to join our charity with various opportunities for development.
The role is based at the Pitcairn Centre, Glenrothes but will involve travel between the Trust’s other bases/sites throughout Fife. It is therefore a direct requirement of the role that the applicant hold the skills and the capacity to be able to travel throughout Fife independently and should hold a clean, valid driving licence.
- Experience in dealing with the public in a customer focussed environment
- Experience of working within a car parking environment
- The ability to clearly understand information given in numbers, symbols, diagrams, and charts for different purposes expressed in graphic, numerical and written formats. E.g., Numeracy and literacy skills
- The ability to travel throughout Fife
- A basic understanding of the regulations and legislation relating to parking enforcement
- Full valid driving licence
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (English)
- Organisational, administrative skills and an attention to detail.
- Experience of undertaking first line maintenance or technical support.
- An optimistic disposition with a realistic but firmly positive outlook in the pursuit of challenging objectives.
- A genuine collaborative approach to problem solving and the ability to be creative and self-less in the pursuit of organisational objectives.
This is a part-time temporary post, with seasonal hours varying from 12-24, with an annual salary from £19,672 – £22,018 (pro-rata). There is potential for this role to become permanent dependent on funding. Due to the nature of the role evening and weekend work will be required. Additional benefits include:
- Holiday entitlement of 24 days (rising to 29 days after the completion of 5 years of service) plus 8 days Public Holiday;
- LGPS Pension Scheme (Employer contribution 21.8%);
- Access to Cycle to Work Scheme;
- An induction and training programme;
- A Health and Wellbeing Programme;
- Access to training and professional development;
- Flexible working.
The closing date for this position is Sunday 3rd July, please send completed applications to [email protected]